Birdhouses are the houses, where you would want to stay for the whole day or night. The design for the bird house depends on what kind of bird is going to stay in it. There are many factors which need to be considered while building a bird house i.e. the hole size, the depth of the house, shape or design, materials to be used, location and the dimensions. All the above things will vary from one bird to another. There are a number of beautiful birdhouse design ideas to go with. You can choose the one your choice matches with.
There are a certain things that are necessarily to be a part of your bird house for making it one of the best bird houses. Consider the following things while building a bird house:
· Choose natural materials like wood to build up the house.
· Do not use any chemicals like paint or anything else in the interior of the house, it could be toxic.
· There should be enough space, such that cleaning of the house can be done properly.
How bird house protects the bird?
- Protection against predators: It may include pets, cats or any squirrel or any other bird which may cause harm to the bird living in the bird house. There should not be perches near the house and the pets at your house should also be trained to stay away from the bird house and not to harm the birds living in there.
- Safety against climate: There should be enough ventilation holes in the house, for the air to pass through the house easily, not leaving the bird suffocating in the house. The position of the house should be such that it does not directly face the sun or the stormy winds which may harm the bird and also it should be prevented against the rain water which may get inside the house.
Beautiful Birdhouse Design and Ideas
Many of the bird lovers may think of going to stores for purchasing one of the beautiful bird houses; however, some of them may wish to make it on their own. Building a house is simple and the design of the house depends on how creative the builder, who is building the house, is. A simple design can be prepared within a short span of time, however, one may need wood, and some of the tools like saws, nuts-bolts, nails, hammer etc. At the same time, the builder should be aware that the tools are dangerous to handle, so one must ensure ones safety too while constructing the bird house.
Traditional Box House:
- This is the most traditional one, with a slant roof, a round hole in front and peg perch. It is well suited for many kinds of birds such as sparrows. The size of the hole is what attracts the birds; the one which is comfortable for them to get in and stay is the one which they are attracted to.
Platform or Open Birdhouses:
They are three sided birdhouse. They are very easy to construct. The houses can be hung in the gardens or in the backyard, wherever you think might attract the birds to come and raise up their young ones there.
- It is easy to build from redwood, cedar or pine. The dimensions are important especially the entrance. The house needs to be built up in the late winter, as they begin to nest in early spring.
- Screech Owl Nest Box:
Owls prefer to nest themselves in the woods, but are also found in urban areas. Their nests should be built in the poles or trees, and they are known for protecting their nest well from the predators.
Nesting Shelf made from Salvaged Wood:
It is made from the pieces of salvaged wood. The ends and bottom of the houses are cut from the cedar corner of the board. This box is designed to attract the robins. Especially in the winter season, small birds may take shelter to save themselves from the snow and the winter.
Once the step of making the house is done, we will have to move on to the other major step i.e. placing the house. This is also important to decide; some of the birds prefer to be near the poles or trees, however some others want to be near the bushes or in the shelter.
The design of the house should be according to the bird; hence it is important to know which birds are the most available in your area. To find this out you may set up a bird feeder. This may attract the birds in your garden, and in this way you will be able to find out the type of birds. With the help of this, you can prepare the house in an appropriate way.
With the latest technology moving in the society, you are being provided exclusive services of getting prepared your bird house in your own way. To your surprise, the bird house will be customized according to your specifications, and it all will be made available to you sitting at home. You just need to log on to the website and choose what and how you want your birdhouse. Even you can choose the materials which you want should be used while constructing the house.
The details have to be fed in to get the proper bird house ready i.e. the materials to be used to make the house, the size of which the house should be made, the shapes and design which looks best to you may be chosen.
This is an overview about the bird houses. In today’s world, when everything is running mechanically and with the increase in population and due to the increasing space constraints, the natural forests and places are being destroyed regularly due to which the birds are losing their homes. So in such case, it would be of great help if everyone thinks of adding a bird house in their backyard or in the garden, this will provide shelter to many of their birds and even help them in nesting.