Hill Stations are the most wonderful places to enjoy your vacations and escape the tropical heat. These places are generally cooler in summers as compared to plains. People love to spend holidays here. Hill stations are also considered the best spots for honeymoon. So, if you are searching for some of the best hill stations of the world, then here is the list of few wonderful hill stations where you can make your vacation special.
Best Hill Stations in the world
Vermont Hill Station
The natural beauty of this marvelous place will charm you and gain your physical attention. It has got a perfect weather for the tourists.
- It is the ideal spot for honeymoon
- It offers the joy to watch the lush green mountains
- The hills are also not very steep
- You can find trekking as one of the best activities done here
This mountain range is the central part of Luzon in Philippines and located between Sierra Madre and Cordillera Central Mountain ranges. River Cagayan flows through the mountain range at good speed. You can enjoy activities like rafting, camping, and trekking here.
This is the oldest and wettest hill stations of Malaysia and is well known by name Bukit Lurit. It is 1250m above sea levels and was built in 1884. It is just 10 km away from Taiping, Perak.
- You can enjoy the view of colonial buildings and wonderful flower gardens
- You can see the commonwealth war cemetery of the soldiers died in World War II
- It is the best spot of Malaysia for watching wildlife and birds
This hill resort is located at Titiwangsa Ridge, Malaysia. It has one of the pristine forests of Malaysia. It is situated at an altitude of 1300m above sea level. You can enjoy golfing, bird watching, and walking through the long hills here.
Srinagar is the located in Jammu Kashmir, India. It is situated at Kashmir Valley and lies on banks of River Jhelum. This is one of the biggest cities of India having non Hindu majority. It is popular for houseboats and lakes.
- Jhelum river divides the city into two halves and ends at Wular Lake
- It offers you a scenic view of nature’s beauty and is a good place for honeymoon
- Dal Lake is popular spot here that is famous for houseboats. This lake also freezes in winters and people play over the lake
- This city also offers the visitors to see different gardens and enjoy bounty of nature
- The Nagin Lake is also a popular lake in city
It is located near Poteau, Oklahoma and is the tallest hill of the world at an elevation of 1999 feet. Its name had been derived from a French word that means cave. It was also an old mining town earlier. You can see the large Sugar Loaf Mountain from here.
Wave Hill Station
It is one of the best places of the world that is 5000 hectares in area. It allows you to camp at that place. You can actually put on your own tent and taste the outback through the coast.
- Clarence River is very close to it
- You can enjoy fishing, canoeing, and swimming
- You can even take part in daily farming activities that are done there
This place is the dreamland of east India and is known for its natural beauty. It has number of waterfalls, hills blossoming with the flowers and various tea gardens to attract the tourists.
It is the place that is 444 km long, 31 km wide and has a depth of 1.85 km. You should visit this pace in summer season as the whole canyon is at its full splendor.
- This site was considered as holy place for pilgrimage earlier
- Red, white, and orange rocks will steal your attention towards it
- It is a great place for trekking activities
- The weather here is just awesome for the tourists
It is situated in China and is located at an altitude of 3099m above sea level. It is a great place to enjoy the nature’s bounty and trek through the mountain. The hills present the beautiful flower gardens to the tourists.
Leh is the capital city of Himalayan region Ladakh and lies in Jammu Kashmir, India. It is the second largest district of India with an area of 45110 km2. It is situated at an altitude of 3524 meters.
- Leh has really cooling climate and is the coolest desert of the country. The temperature goes below freezing temperature from October to March
- It gets occasional snowfall in winters
- It also has its own airport with daily flights
- It offers you with some awesome views of desert, mountains, hot days, and cool night, and many more fun activities
This is situated 1200m above sea level in Malaysia. It offers beautiful sight seeing like Sungai Teroi Forest Recreation Park, Forestry Museum with lots of jungle drives and few waterfalls. The colonial buildings here are converted into hotels.
This is one of the most extensive hill stations of Malaysia that is as large as size of Singapore. It occupies and area of 712 km2.
- It was discovered in 1885 by Sir William Cameron
- It has 8 sub districts and altitude ranges from 100m to 1600m above sea levels
- The temperature here remains moderate throughout the year
- It is the home for people of different religions
This hill station is located at an altitude of 1708m above sea level in Uttrakhand, India. It is popular for its natural beauty and peace around the town. The guest houses and hotels are available at reasonable price.
This hill stations is located at middle region of Morocco, Africa. It is situated 1665 above sea level and the most popular tourist attractions of this place are the caves.